Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

marble rollers

A mechanical device consisting of two layers of rollers, one above the other. The top roller or rollers hold the colors, distributing them to the lower roller or rollers which, in turn, apply the colors to the edges of the book. (264 )

[Search all CoOL documents]