Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

joint rod

A strip of wood or plastic, flat on one side and curved on the other, and placed between the board and SPRING-BACK (1) of a blankbook to form a groove when the book is pressed. To prevent the rod or board from pressing on the spring-back, the board is set a distance from the edge of the rod, usually 1/8 inch. (264 , 339 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://