Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

hard rolled

A term descriptive of the toughness and durability of the board used in bookbinding, e.g., "hard rolled millboard." The term has no meaning other than that the board has been rolled under pressure and is very firm. (365 )

[Search all CoOL documents]