Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

glazed board

A MILLBOARD , or other type of board, that has been given a very smooth finish on the calenders. It was used in library binding when standing or hydraulic presses were used for the final pressing of books, its smoothness preventing it from imparting any markings to the covers of the books being pressed. (274 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://