Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. A paper having a high gloss or polish. The gloss is applied to the paper either during manufacture or afterwards, by such means as calendering, friction glazing, plating, etc. Glazed papers are used for book and cover papers, and the like. 2. Any surface finished with a high gloss, such as cloth, leather, or paper. See also: GLACÉ ;GLAZED BOARD ;GLAZING .

(17 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://