Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

combination style

An old term used in America for a binding in which the forwarding was done as though for a hand-bound book, i.e., boards to be laced-in, followed by covering, but then having the cover (case) made separately. The case was then "hung on" the text block, the cloth joints were glued down and a lining paper was glued to the insides of the cover boards. (256 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://