Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A board 0.006 inch or more in thickness. It is stiffer than paper. Although the generic term "board" is used in lieu of the term "cardboard" in bookbinding parlance, the covers of many pamphlets, brochures, etc., as well as the card used to line prints, posters, etc., and also used in FILLING IN (1) , are of a thickness that would fit them into the definition of cardboard. (17 , 234 , 264 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://