The editor and trustees of Abbey Publications, Inc., a nonprofit corporation, appreciate the support received from the people and organizations listed below, as well as from those who gave smaller amounts.
We consider all donations to be intended for Abbey Publications (thus contributing to the Abbey Newsletter, the Alkaline Paper Advocate and other publications and products of this office). In the last 12 months, donations from readers and trustees have totaled $5715.
Donors of the last twelve months are listed below as Benefactors ($1000+), Sponsors ($500+), Patrons ($100+), and Contributors ($25+).
Bridgeport National Bindery
Terry O. Norris
Elizabeth S. Banks
Joan T. Batchelor
Margaret S. Child
Custom Manufacturing, Inc.
Evelyn Frangakis, in memory of Susan Swartzburg
Information Conservation Inc.
Library Binding Service
Tawny Ryan Nelb
New York Community Trust - James Talcott Fund
Ocker & Trapp Library Bindery
Elaine R. Schlefer
Nancy Carlson Schrock
University Products Inc.
D & M, Inc.
Betsy Palmer Eldridge
Robert L. Feller
Carolyn Jane Gammon
Mary Todd Glaser
Margaret H. Johnson
Karen Jones, in memory of Susan Swartzburg
Hilary A. Kaplan
Jan Michaels, in memory of Susan Swartzburg
Martha M. Smith
Mary Ann Tyrrell
and one anonymous contributor
1. Current and back issues of the Alkaline Paper Advocate. All are indexed yearly in detail. Back issues cost $5.00 each, and the current year is $35 for individuals, $45 institutions, $20 students.
2. Current and back issues of the Abbey Newsletter: Preservation of Library and Archival Materials. $45 for individuals, $55 institutions, $20 students.
3. Abbey pH Pens®, in any quantity. There are two kinds: the grey one with a purple cap, and a slimmer white one. Both are the same price, contain the same pH indicator, and both can be imprinted with the logo and telephone number of the customer for less than a dollar a pen, but there is a special price (about half the usual) on the white pen for professional groups and people who conduct workshops. The regular price is:
|1-6 @||$5.60 per pen|
4. North American Permanent Papers, a 52-page list of over 400 printing and writing papers made in North America, with chapters giving background information on standards, testing, recycled paper, the P.A.T. test, and related topics. The 1995 edition costs $19.50. The price for the 1997 edition has not been set yet.
5. Copies of the subject classification scheme used for the Abbey Publications files and library. Available without charge to librarians keeping up a library or information service for preservation/conservation people, if they will provide feedback on how they use it.
The Alkaline Paper Advocate is issued quarterly, and has about 300 subscribers. (Until 1995, it was issued six times a year.) Subscriptions (which include a list of Useful Addresses) are on a calendar year basis: All start with the first issue of the year, unless otherwise requested, and end on Dec. 31, or after the last issue of the year has appeared. An index for the previous year is sent out in the first quarter. Individual subscriptions are $35; full-time students $20; institutions $45. All issues are in print and indexed. Checks should be made out to Abbey Publications, 7105 Geneva Dr., Austin, TX 78723. Visa or MasterCard payments are convenient for payments from abroad, but for domestic payments we prefer checks drawn on a U.S. bank. We can send an invoice on request.
Abbey Publications is a nonprofit corporation set up to encourage preservation of written records, including the use of lasting materials in their creation. No paid advertisements are accepted, but anything with news value will be printed if there is room for it. News items and information may be sent or called in at any time. Readers are encouraged to copy or circulate issues and parts of issues, and to reprint unsigned articles and news items; but the Editor's permission must be obtained for making more than 20 copies of lengthy or signed articles. This allows us to consult with the author (who may hold copyright), make any necessary corrections or updates before duplication, and confirm that the copies are being made for purposes not inconsistent with the nonprofit mission of Abbey Publications.
Authors who submit their material on disk should put it in MS Word if they can, because all our computers are Macs. Their work, if accepted, will be published both in the Alkaline Paper Advocate print version and in CoOL (Conservation On Line), to archive it and make it retrievable electronically. Authors retain copyright after publication.
Indexed in Engineering Information's Table of Contents and selectively in the Abstract Bulletin of the IPST, Paperbase Abstracts (PIRA International), and Art & Archaeology Technical Abstracts.
©1997 Abbey Publications, Inc.
Editor: Ellen McCrady
Circulation Manager: Bette Abeel
Tax ID #: 87-0436104