Volume 19, Number 6
- Yulia P. Nyuksha retired from her position as Head of the
Department of Conservation at the Saltykov-Shchedrin State Public
Library in Leningrad in 1990, after a distinguished career in
preservation and biodeterioration research
- Robert Wedgeworth, former head of the School of Library Service
at Columbia University, began a two-year term as Interim University
Librarian at Illinois in September.
- Eric Randle, whose conservation service was mentioned in the
April 1991 issue, has a new permanent mailing address: P.O. Box
1364, Comox, BC, Canada, V9N 7Z9 (tel/fas: 604/3396800).
- Debra McKern began work September 8 as Assistant Binding Officer
at the Library of Congress.
- Vicky Adamitis has come back to library preservation work after
a four-year hiatus. She started working October 12 as Preservation
Officer for the University of Maryland Libraries in College Park.
- Robert L. Feller was given the 1992 CAA/NIC Joint Award for
Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation. (CM is the College Art
Association and NIC is the National
Institute for Conservation. For more information see NIC
Council Update, Summer 1992.)
- Susan Sayre Batton has moved to Honolulu to accept a position as
Paper Conservator at the Honolulu Academy of Arts, focusing on the
James Michener Collection of Japanese Prints.
- Joe N'Krumah of Ghana, a paper conservator who responded to the
call for volunteers after the Florence Flood in 1966, has been
elected as one of the two vice chairmen of ICCROM.
- Marcus A. McCorison retired in October from his position as
president of the American Antiquarian Society. Ellen S. Dunlap has
been selected as his successor.
- David Clements, formerly head of the British Library
Preservation Service, is now Director of Operational Planning for
- Gail Harriman became the Conservator of Bound Records at the
National Archives September 21.
- Lisa Hall Isbell has relocated her paper conservation practice
and can now be reached at 9929 Capperton Dr., Oakton, Va. 22124,