Volume 16, Number 3
- William Murphy, Chief of the Motion Picture, Sound and
Video Branch of the National Archives and President of AMIA, received
the International Documentary Association's 1991 "Preservation
and Scholarship Award."
- Randy Silverman has been appointed Chief Preservation Officer
at the Huntington Library, effective July 1.
- Robert W. Butler, head of preservation at the National
Agricultural Library, retired in the fall of 1991. His past accomplishments
and future plans are described in the January/February 1992 ALIN.
- Charlotte Brown, formerly at Franklin & Marshall College,
has been appointed Assistant Head of Special Collections and University
Archivist at UCLA.
- Maria Grandinette, who heads the Book Conservation Lab
at the University of Michigan, began her year as Mellon Intern
in Preservation Administration at Stanford University in May.
- Larissa B. Smith (formerly Larissa B. Shapkina) is the
USA representative of the Foundation for Revival of St. Petersburg
(a special city for all Russians). This organization is supported
by donations and by local and national Russian governments, for
the purpose of restoring and improving the city's buildings, natural
environment and cultural institutions. Cultural and educational
exchanges can be arranged; library and archival preservation and
conservation are among its priorities. For information contact
her at 224 Early St., Park Forest, IL 60466 (708/481-9165, Fax
- Doris Freitag retired in December from her position as
Conservator of the Harvard University Libraries in Cambridge,
- Faye Padgett, Assistant Staff Director of the Joint Committee
on Printing and Chairwoman of the Committee on Paper Specifications,
retired at the end of 1991 after 25 years of employment on Capitol
Hill. She will be available for consulting work on paper-related
issues and can be reached at either 301/894-9050 (home) or 202/546-8987
- Terry Belanger's address after June 1, 1992, is: University
of Virginia, 114 Alderman Library, Charlottesville, VA 22903 (804/924-3025;