Volume 15, Number 4
- Robert Espinosa is the new Chair of the AIC Book and Paper
Group. Carol Turchan is the Program Chair, and Jane Dalrymple-Hollo
- Jonathan Arney will be a faculty member with the Center for
Imaging Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology beginning
- Carla Hanin has recently joined the staff at the Archives
of Ontario as a conservator. She can be reached at Archives of
Ontario, Conservation Unit, 77 Grenville St., Toronto, ON, M7A
- Dudley A. Weiss, lawyer and friend of the Library Binding
Institute, died during the first half of this year.
- Hans Wiesendanger, Manager of the University of California
Library Binderies for 11 years, has retired and looks forward
to travelling, hiking and gardening in the years ahead.
- Richard D. Smith and Larissa Shapkina were married May 25,
and a few days later, Ms. Shapkina, a chemist, gave a paper at
the AIC conference entitled, "New Technologies from the USSR
for Restoring Book Paper and Drying Water-Damaged Books"
- Mark C. Robinson was appointed Director of Reprographic Services
at NEDCC in May. He was most recently employed as Corporate Information
and Image Technology Specialist at Raytheon.
- Jean L. Whiffin was appointed Preservation Officer Jan. 1
in the newly-established Preservation Services unit at the University
of Victoria Libraries in British Columbia.