Volume 15, Number 1
- Jo Ane Martinez, a May 1990 Columbia graduate, has accepted a
position as Collections Conservator at the New York Public
- Olivia Primanis has been appointed Head of the Book Conservation
Department in the Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center at the
University of Texas in Austin.
- Warren J. Haas retired from his position as President of the
Council on Library Resources on December 31. The January 1991 CPA
Newsletter summarizes his work there beginning in 1978. Much of it,
including the founding of the Commission on Preservation and Access,
had to do with the brittle book problem.
- David Penniman has been named the fourth President of the
Council on Library Resources. He was previously with OCLC and Bell
- Lisa Hall has opened a private practice in conservation of art
an paper in southeast Florida. Address: PO Box 653, Boca Raton, FL
- Paul Storch, editor of Leather Conservation News, has accepted
the position of Objects Conservator at the Minnesota Historical
Society, as of Jan. 1, 1991.
- Bill Underdue was appointed Binding Officer at the Library of
Congress on July 1, 1990. Matt Roberts, his predecessor in that
position, retired June 30.
- Melanie Martin is now at the Royal Academy in London as the
Kress Paper Conservation Intern, following an extended internship at
Trinity College Library.
- Michele Valerie Cloonan, formerly Preservation Librarian at
Brown University, is now an assistant professor in the Graduate
School of Library and Information Science at the University of
California, Los Angeles.
- Cliff McCawley, Chief of Conservation Processes Research at the
Canadian Conservation Institute, has been elected chair of the ICOM
Conservation Committee for 1990-1993.
- Frederick A. Bearman, Senior Book Conservator at the Public
Record Office (London), will spend 10 months of 1991 at the Folger
Shakespeare Library, beginning February 1. His main duties will
involve the conservation of the library's substantial collection of
First Folios (1623).