Volume 10, Number 6
- Abigail Quandt will continue her conservation work on
manuscripts at the Walters Art Gallery for another year on an NEH
- The Columbia University conservation interns for this year are:
Rosemary Fallon, who will be interning at the Library of Congress in
the Book Section; Hilary Kaplan, at the Humanities Research Center
in Austin; Susan Lunas, at UC-Berkeley; and Nary Pound, with
Nicholas Pickwoad, private conservator and Advisor on Book
Conservation to the National Trust, in England.
- Lisa Mibach, formerly Chief Conservator for the Provincial
Museum of Alberta, has accepted the position of Director of the
Intermuseum Conservation Laboratory in Oberlin, Ohio.
- John Perkins, formerly of Parks Canada Historic Resource
Conservation in Halifax, is now working with the Getty Conservation
Institute in California.
- Shannon Zachary started working with Marilyn Weidner in November
on an NMA grant to develop techniques using Ms. Weidner new moisture
chamber/suction table/ultrasonic humidifier/air filter system.
- Vicky Adamitis is the new preservation officer at Stanford
- Annagret Hunter-Elsenbach won the Canadian Competition for the
Germaine de Coster International Prize contest for designer binders
and represented Canada at the International Contest and Exhibition
in Paris recently.
- Kathy Orlenko began work in September at the Walters Art Gallery
on an NEA-funded project to rehouse about 600 bound volumes in the