Volume 9, Number 4
- Dorothy Harrop, known for her biographical series of articles on
binders in the Book Collector (most recently, on Denise Lubett in
the Spring 1985 issue), is retiring this summer from her post at the
College of Librarianship Wales at Aberystwyth, where she is
principal lecturer in bibliography. Designer Bookbinders has made
her an honorary member.
- Luis Monreal, 42, a native of Barcelona, has moved to Los
Angeles from Paris to take charge of the J. Paul Getty Conservation
Institute. Monreal, a former field archeologist, museum director and
university art professor, has since 1974 been the Secretary General
of the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
- Mary Wood Lee, former chairman of the Pacific Regional
Conservation Center, has left Hawaii to assume the post of
preservation officer at the Regenstein Library at the University of
- Jane DaIley of Montreal will close her store, Reliure-Relier, in
July and assume the position of chief paper conservator at the
Manitoba Provincial Archives.
- Bobbie Chalfant has assumed the position of Conservator in the
Preservation Department of Columbia University as of June 1. Bobbie
has held the position of Conservator at the New York City Municipal
Archives during the past year. Prior to this, she held a 10-month
internship at the Library of Congress. She is a graduate of Columbia
University's Library and Archival Conservation Program.
- Shelley Cina was hired in February as bookbinder for the
Missouri Botanical Garden Library, under the direction of Susan
Finley. After earning a fine arts degree at the University of
Wisconsin, she worked as a free-lance bookbinder for three
- Four of the conservation students from Columbia University
(listed in the February issue) will be beginning their internships
- Roxane Ahkao will be at HRHRC, University of Texas, Austin.
- Barbara Rhodes will be with Nicholas Pickwoad in Norwich,
- Elizabeth Morse will be at Yale.
- Kathy Orlenko will be at the Library of Congress.