Volume 9, Number 3
- Lorraine Rutherford became Preservation Librarian at the Bobst
Library at New York University in March. She is a graduate of
Columbia University's program for preservation administrators.
- Richard Frieder has left Princeton University to assume the
position of Conservation Officer at Northwestern University. He can
be reached at Northwestern University Library, 1935 Sheridan Road,
Evanston, IL 60201 (312/492-7599).
- Paul Wills, Chief Conservation Officer (Eastern Pictorial Art)
at the British Museum, is now a fellow of the International
Institute for Conservation.
- John Dean, Chief Conservator of the Johns Hopkins University
Library, has accepted the position of Conservation officer of the
Cornell Libraries. The position is a new one for Cornell, and is
entirely funded by a direct grant from the State of New York. The
Deans will move to Ithaca this summer.
- Susan Sayre Batton is the new Heed of Treatments at Princeton
University Library, and Cynthia Clark is the new Binding and Related
Services Librarian. Binding and Related Services, formerly named
Conservation Services, now comprises Prebindery, Treatments (book
repair and deacidification), and the Plating Sections.