Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:08:59 -0700
From: bszuhay@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Carbon dioxide and dye change
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As part of our IPM program, we have made a policy of treating textiles for pests (freezing or CO2)
 if they will be brought to our lab or put in our storage with our permanent collection.  Recently, a potential donor commented that they would not allow their textiles to be treated by CO2
because they had been told it causes dyes to change.  I have not experienced this. Has anyone seen evidence of this or done research or come across anything that substantiates this?
Thanks,
Beth Szuhay
Associate Conservator, Textiles
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches