Re: starch

Hi Marie Anne,

I dont know if this is any help, because i am also a student, but what my experience is, is that starch won't be removed by just washing.
You might lose a bit, but you can only remove it with enzymes. So after washing, it should be reactivatable!
Make a dummy of linnen with starch, wash it and try to reactivate it, then you'll know!

Good luck!

> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:55:56 +0100
> From: maperquy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: starch
> To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Has anyone any experience with removing starch from linnen or cotton
> bonnets or babydresses or any information on conservation problems due
> to starch in for example collars...
> I wonder if I can use starch again afther washing some linnen and lace
> bonnets to help shaping them for displaying.
> Marie-Anne Perquy
> student at the Academie Anderlecht - textielrestauratie

Meer dan chatten alleen. Check nu de nieuwe Windows Live