Re: Mould infestation on excavated ancient costumes

Dear Konstantinos,

This sounds like an interesting problem.

My firm does not identify specific types of mold and other fungi, but, on the chance that the white accretion is not or is not entirely fungi, I would be pleased to examine the chemical composition of the material(s) using FTIR and Raman microscopy for you and the group.

If you send a sample, please contain it between well depression slides and enclose the depression slide container in a clear plastic "zip-lock" bag so the sample is clearly visible to U.S. Customs agents.  Please see "Containing samples for shipment" at www.orionanalytical.com/requestingservices.html and include a "Request for Materials Analysis" with the sample.

All the best,

Jamie

James Martin

Orion Analytical, LLC - A Materials Analysis and Consulting Firm
office/mobile: 413-458-0233
fax: 413-458-0234

Please call Orion if email sent to this address is rejected or
otherwise returned as undeliverable.  Orion utilizes Symantec®
Brightmail Anti-Spam™ software, which, from time to time,
rejects legitimate email correspondence.