Mould infestation on excavated ancient costumes

Dear all

I found extensive mould infestation (white spots covering the whole robes including the linings) on costumes whihc are folded in layers and placed for years in the same box. I have nevere seen these costumes before as this is the first time I opened the box for survey of the textiles. The alarming incident needs direct attention. Except from surface cleaning, can anyone suggest imediate measurements and if possible materials that could help on this? Storage conditions are stable but the collection has been moving around for several years. Since excavation it is known to me of any treatment for possible mould attack on these pieces from previous owners/conservators.
The costumes are all silk with metal threads.

Thank you for your time and help

Konstantinos Chatziantoniou
Museum of Islamic Art
Doha
Qatar
tel:+9746980254

Windows Live Hotmail just got better. Find out more!