Re: UV block in spray form

A better approach would be to have UV-protectant film applied to the windows of the house.  That would protect all the fabrics and woods inside the home.

Kim Nettles
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 5:00 PM
Subject: UV block in spray form

Hello all,
An art quilter I know who has moved to south Florida wrote me the following:

As you can imagine sun fading is an issue down here.  But I'm not enthusiastic about chemicals on quilts.  So here is my question:  do you have any recommendation about a product called Fabric Shield Fabric Protection.  The website says it is acid free and has no CFAs, and it will block UV rays, dust, dirt, spills and oil.  It makes the item water repellant.   Sounds like it does everything but sew the sleeve on the quilt, which makes me a little leery.  Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.

If you have any experience with this product, please let me know.
Thank you so much.
Judy Schwender
Curator of Collections / Registrar
NATIONAL QUILT MUSEUM
(Museum of the American Quilter's Society)
215 Jefferson Street
Paducah, KY 42001
(270) 442-8856 ext. 30
Fax: (270) 442-5448