From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharron
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:01 PM
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: random bleeding of dye

I can't speak for the randomness of the fugitive red, but I can say that I never wash fabric without a color sheet in the washer with it.  I also recommend to my customers to use a color sheet for the first few times they wash their quilts.  I believe the color sheets are made by Shout.  I find them in the laundry soap isle of my grocery store.  To date, I have not had any bleeding problems.

Best regards,
Sharron