Interleaving tissue

Hello

I have a question about interleaving tissue.  My institution has been in the habit of replacing tissue interleaved between textiles within a box or the tissue covering a rolled textile.   The tissue is labeled with the date it was placed inside so we can track how old the tissue is and replace it accordingly.  My question is, how necessary is that?  If the tissue is in good condition is there a benefit to replacing it?  Does buffered vs unbuffered make the difference?  I assume the buffering may wear out after a certain amount of time.

I ask because we are very short staffed and I was hoping to make some headway on a long overdue inventory project this summer.  In the past , the tissue was being replaced while inventorying which is quite time intensive and slows down the inventory a lot.  So I am needing to choose between swapping out tissue or completing the inventory.  I have been leaning towards not changing the tissue if it is in good condition but I want to make sure that is not an irresponsible decision.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Diana

Diana Zlatanovski