Fw: Hair fiber conservation inquiry

This message was sent to the TSG email address. If you wish to respond to
the inquiry please contact the individual directly.

Thank you,
Melanie

Inquiry From: Rebecca M. Sager Texas A&M University Anthropology Department rmsager325@xxxxxxxx

I am a master's student at Texas A&M University.  My research topic concerns
the conservation of hair fibers.  I am specifically looking at two type of
wool, mohair, and human hair for my experiments, although my thesis will
touch upon other common archaeological fibers, such as alpaca.

I am attempting to gather more information on current conservation practices
used, but have had difficulty finding articles for the necessary background
research.  When I found your website, I was thrilled to find a group such as
this.  I am hoping you can either direct me to articles that discuss
different hair fiber conservation methods or can inform me of common
practices used by those in this organization. I am also hoping to find out
any difficulties in conserving hair fibers (such as protecting
the artifacts from insects) and also how such artifacts are usually stored
after conservation.

I have contacted several museums in different parts of the world to see how
practices differ, and with your help can create a more complete picture of
current hair fiber conservation.  Any information you can give me would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rebecca M. Sager

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.