[no subject]

Dear Textile conservators,

I’m a student at the Altonaer Museum in Hamburg, Germany. At the moment I’m working on the conservation of our parasol collection. To get a general idea of this subject I would like to ask you a few questions.

  1. How do you store parasols/umbrellas? (Hanging, lying with acid free tissue paper) and could you observe any problems with it (tears in crinkles etc.)?

  1. How and where do you fix inventory numbers?

  1. When you conserve parasols/umbrellas, take pictures of them etc. do you have special mountings developed?

  1. Are there more specifics?

I am looking forward to your answers

Gesine Klaffke