Re: Indigo question

Dear Nancy
Indigo (or spectral indigo) is the color on the spectrum between 440 and 420 nanometers in wavelength, placing it between blue and violet. Indigo and violet are different from purple (as defined by chromaticians color scientists) which cannot be seen on the electromagnetic spectrum and which can be achieved using additive primary colors by mixing blue light with a red light.
If you see Sigma Aldrich Co , you can find 11 products for indigo and samereference material - one from its natural indigo -  sub number / code ( R309494-1EA ).
 accept my best wishes

Nancy Love <nancyklove@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Bryn Mawr student researching the use of
indigo in pre-columbian So. America. She is
interested in the particular plant, process and
changes with colonization. If anyone knows of some
reference material please get in touch with me.

Thanks, Nancy

Harby Ezzeldeen Hassan Ahmed.
B.A, M.A Historical Textiles Conservation.
Assistant Lecturer- Conservation Department-
Faculty of Archeology- Cairo University- Egypt.
Ph.D Candidate ?Biotechnology Application in Textiles Conservation?.
Department of Chemical Engineering- National Technical University of Athens-Greece.
Tel: 6945572550

Be a PS3 game guru.