Re: Indigo question

Nancy Love wrote:
I have a Bryn Mawr student researching the use of
indigo in pre-columbian So. America.  She is
interested in the particular plant, process and
changes with colonization.  If anyone knows of some
reference material please get in touch with me.

Thanks, Nancy

Nancy -- there's /masses/ of information out there, but it's sometimes buried in broader discussions (of indigo, and of Latin American trade), and a lot of it is not in English. What has your student found already? I assume this is an undergrad so despite being from Bryn Mawr there are limits to how much primary source material you can expect her to go through? How large/long a paper or project is she doing?

Sarah

Sarah Lowengard
sarahl@xxxxxxxxx
New York City