Re: vacuums

Deborah,

  Thank you for your "2 cents worth!"  It is good advice that I will follow.  I appreciate the responce!

Jennifer

>>> "Deborah R. Lema" <dlema@xxxxxxxxxxx> 06/29/06 7:32 AM >>>
Jennifer,

I work with many professional cleaners and I collect opinions on various models... what I've heard about the Sebos is mixed:  some people love them and some people are not impressed.  (I suppose that could be said about anything though!)  Before buying, I would suggest
-getting a demonstration at your facility from a vacuum dealer or distributor.  That way, you can see personally if it will do what you would like it to do.
-Also, consider that while lightweight machines tend to be easier to manouver, they have plastic parts inside that break or wear faster than the heavier machines that have metal parts.
-A last point to consider which may or may nor matter to you is that Sebo products are not made in the US.

There's my 2 cents!  Good luck!

~Debbie

Deborah Lema
Research and Education
Racine Industries, Inc.

Jennifer Hadley wrote:
Hello all,

   We are looking at buying a new vacuum with a variable suction control.  Our objects conservator found a Sebo vacuum that has this feature and we were wondering if anyone else has heard of/or had experience with this brand.

Thanks

Jennifer Hadley
Associate Registrar
Museum of Church History and Art
(801) 240-0297
hadleyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
 intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
 privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
 disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email