wash tub screening

Hello everyone,

   I have been looking at our textile washing facilities and would like to upgrade our screening system.  Currently we have a metal tub with a metal rack that can be lowered into the water.   My predecessor bought commercial window screens to lay the textiles on.  These screens include the metal frame, which creates a problem.  The screens are not big enough for many of the textiles to lay in one frame.  They must be laid over the metal edge onto another screen to be washed.  The metal edges get have gotten pretty mucky over the years and leave a gray residue on anything they touch.  I don't like them in the water, let alone with the textiles right on top of the metal.  I would like to create new, multi sized, screens to facilitate safe cleaning.  Two of my associates suggested either creating frames with PVC or vinyl window frames.  I was hoping to get some feedback on the suggested framing materials, as well as what others have done with their washing systems.

Thank you,

Jennifer Hadley
Associate Registrar
Museum of Church History and Art
(801) 240-0297
hadleyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email