dye

Hello everyone,

  My museum is expanding an existing exhibit & we are trying to match the fabric on the pedestals to the early portion.  I have a fabric in the same weave, but the color is not right.  We are looking into hiring a company to dye the fabric to match.  We only need about 10 yards so we need to work with someone who will do small lots.  I was hoping you could tell me what kinds of dyes should or shouldn't be used for this type of project (ie. what off-gasses what and what is the safest).  Or, alternately, do any of you know any good colorists who work under conservation guidelines for museums and do small lot dyeing?  The objects (everything from paper, to wood, and metal and textiles) will lay directly on top of the fabric.  We can provide barriers to artifacts when needed, but I would really like to have an inert fabric.

Thank you so much!

Jennifer Hadley
Associate Registrar
Museum of Church History and Art
(801) 240-0297
hadleyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.