tapa cloth

Hello,

   I have a Polynesian tapa cloth that has been folded in a box for years that my curators now want to put on display.  I have read that after testing the color fastness a steamer can be used to remove creases.  Is this the best option?  I am also interested in the best way to hang the tapa.  Normally with textiles I would carefully stitch it to a backing that could be stitched or velcroed to a slant board, but I don't want to introduce holes into the tapa.  Do you know of any better methods for hanging a tapa cloth?  The exhibit is intended to be permanent, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea for tapa cloth.

Thank you for your help!

Jennifer Hadley
Associate Registrar
Museum of Church History and Art

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.