Re: TSG Quick Tips session at AIC

Nancy, For your list of companies/websites.
http://www.empyreanbeads.com/

This fabulous bead store was the only place that we could find the very
tiny 22/0 beads we needed to complete a treatment on a Native American
piece.  They specialize in antique beads, especially bugles and seed
beads.  The beads that we got were about the size of poppy seeds and can
fit inside a regular seed bead.
Joanne.

More sites to come....

>>> NRPollak@xxxxxxx 5/10/2005 11:08:27 AM >>>
As part of the Textile Specialty Group program at the annual AIC
meeting, we
will be having a "Quick Tips" session.  This is an opportunity for
anyone to
share a brief tip:

    an adaptation of a tool
    a new product you have found and liked
    an old product for which you have found a new use
    information you have learned in researching a treatment, or
material

or anything else that you have found to make your work easier, faster,
less
expensive, more fun (it's all fun, right?).  For example, I plan to
share my
finger stretching exercise that really brings relief to cramped
muscles.
Another conservator will be sharing a new display case lighting product
they have
found.

If you are shy about standing up in front of the group, you can also
participate by bringing your material for our "show and tell" table.

Finally, I am compiling a list of companies/websites where you go to
get hard
to find items, or to browse the obscure and/or cheap, from the
off-the-wall
companies to those that are off the beaten track (think Jerry's
Art-O-Rama or
the Italian Art Store).

If you have an idea, or a company for the listing, please let me know
so it
can be included.  We're looking forward to an interesting and enjoyable
day of
presentations, and hope to see you in Minneapolis.

Thanks,
Nancy Pollak
TSG Program Chair