From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jennifer Feik
Sent: Tuesday, 23 November 2004 9:39 a.m.
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: shawls

I have several 19th century silk shawls with beautiful long fringe that has been severly tangled through the years.  Does anyone know a good trick to untangle the fringe without damaging it?  Also, are there any good tips for storage to keep the fringe from tangling?  All four sides are fringed so that if I roll it two sides stay nice but the other two get tangled.
Thanks,
Jennifer

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.

The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx immediately and delete the original message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be views of Te Papa.  Te Papa employs strict virus checking measures and accepts no liability for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message or any attached file.