Re: shawls

I spoke to Kay Scott who during her long career worked with a number
of horribly tangled fringed garments. She says that she never discovered
a trick for untangling fringe-- she just spent slow long hours working thread
by thread.  She said that hanging the piece up against a wall or board so
that the fringe lies on a table helps while you work. Once one side is untangled,
you keep fringe from retangling by sandwiching the fringe between layers of
tissue and basting it in place. Then you go on to the next side.
      Rebecca Rushfield