Scanning

Title: Scanning

Hello again,
The christening gown picture illustrated in the article was done by Susie Needham.  Examples of her work can be seen at the following URL:

http://www.byardart.co.uk/gallery/SN.htm

It looks to me like it is done by exposing the gown on photographic paper using a photographic enlarger or sunlight. I would be interested in hearing whether anyone else is using this as a way of creating art prints using textiles.  Thanks again.

Sandy Troon
Textile Conservator
Oregon Textile Workshop