Re: Clothes Moths & Dermestids article

There is a very nice article in Journal of the Textile Institute by C.O. Clark (vol 19, Dec 1928):P295-320 on the life cycle, favorite foods, eating habits. It is especially focused on insects founds in Great Britain, but makes generous reference to Canada & the US. I like to read what people used to do & what they knew (how did the textiles survive to become antique?) & under the section on "Control" is the sentence: "Immersion in hot water (140o F) for 5 seconds kills both grubs and eggs, as do strong soap solutions." Not that I am recommending either as a treatment...strong soap solutions, in this period, meant, I think, pH 12-13. The sections on life cycle are quite thorough, seemed to be based on studious observations.