Re: Rinsing of Custom Dyed Fabric

Meg--1) Most commercial laundries have 65 and 125 pound capacities, if I remember rightly. You would want to decide what 'liquor ratio"--how much water for how much weight of goods. The higher the weight of goods, the lower the water:goods ratio, the more agitation (abrasion, etc). 2) Are you looking for a soaped rinsing? If so,  you'll want to decide what surfactant, what pH, what concentration. 3)  Firms with commercial laundries probably cannot tolerate hard water as it would be expensive. 4) Be careful what you ask for! There is a nice story about the dye firm that rinsed their reactive dyed goods in snow runoff (deionized/distilled) in stainless steel vessels...autocatalytically degraded the entire batch. 5) Which leads me to the question: if the fabric can be dyed, why can't it be rinsed in situ--on the spot? Can you tell us more? Mary