Re: Rinsing of Custom Dyed Fabric

Meg

He may reply to you directly, but did you ask Tom Klaas at Testfabrics?
He's in North-Central Penna, but if he's not appropriate to handle the
job I bet he'd know who could.

Hope all is well

Sarah
Sarah Lowengard
sarahl@xxxxxxxxx
New York CIty

M. Geiss-Mooney wrote:

Good day, colleagues! I need your advice and input. I need to have
rinsed about 400 yards of custom dyed cotton fabric (in various lengths)
with warm water (approx. 100 degrees F) with a total of five complete
water changes and then (because it is not permanent press finished or
blended with polyester) have it pressed and then rolled on to an
archival tube. Preferably in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, the
Minneapolis/St. Paul area or the San Francisco Bay area. Is this
something a commercial laundry could handle, with or without
supervision? Would it be impossible to find a firm/person that could
provide this service using deionized water? Any information and advice
is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Meg Geiss-Mooney
Textile/Costume Conservator
here in sunny but still cool northern California

.