Gore-tex fabric

I'm currently looking for a Gore-tex or Sympatex type fabric (preferably with the felt laminate) to use in localized humidification - current project is to untie hide from Navajo pot drums upon request from some Navajo elders who were recently visiting our facility, but the knots are very stiff. I know there was some talk on the ConsDist list a couple of years ago about testing some other fabrics as both of these had become unavailable (boy, I wish I had taken some when I had the chance!), but there has been no information I can find for North American sources since.

Any suggestions or sources?

Thanks!

Shannon L. Parker
Collections Manager