Igepal

Deborah -

Igepal CA-630 (which is chemically similar to, but slightly less hydrophilic than, Triton X-100) is reported to have a CMC of .05 g/l (.005% v/v). When applied in a single surfactant system, we used it in a concentration about 30 times the CMC (or about 1 liquid ounce per 5 gallons) on average - but varied this as needed (for instance, if less wetting time was indicated, we used less - for heavy oily soil we used more).

We stopped using this product about 18 years ago and switched to alcohol ethoxylates for nonionic surfactants, which are more biodegradable and have less health impacts. We started with several of the Neodols, then several Tergitols. We are currently using Trition XL-80N (at the same concentration as above).

--
David Walker

Talisman Restoration, Inc. phone: (831) 425-7847 719 Swift St. #5 fax: (831) 425-7829 Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx