Re: Steam pencil

Dorothy,

What you may be looking for is the Preservation Pencil.  We have one in the
paper lab, and have tried to use it for adhesive removal from textiles during
our recent adhesive workshop.  It worked quite well for certain adhesives.  The
thing we like the most about this is that the temperature of the steam can be
controlled.  Here are two suppliers I found, it's quite expensive.

University Products
Archival Suppliers.com
Customer Service
800.628.1912
800.532.9281
custserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.archivalsuppliers.com/shop/subcategory702.html

Preservation Equipment Ltd
Vinces Road
Diss
Norfolk
IP22 4HQ
England Tel: +44 (0) 1379 647400
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 650582
email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.preservationequipment.com/307.html

Hope this helps,
Season

Season Tse
Conservation Scientist/Chemist
Conservation Processes and Materials Research
Canadian Conservation Institute
Dept. of Canadian Heritage
1030 Innes Rd.
Ottawa, Ontario