Re: Steam pencil

Zephyrtronics makes a hot air pencil that is used in paper conservation that is quite good.  Its pricey -- about $800.  I'm not sure if it can be used to create humidity, but you can contact Mario Perez there and ask.  They are in Pomona, California.  Sorry, I don't have a number.

Susan Mathisen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 8:08 PM
Subject: Steam pencil

I am interested in purchasing a steam pencil or humidification tool that would work well with three-dimensional textiles. This tool would ideally have temperature controls and be able to produce vapor or steam in a precise manner. If anyone knows of such a tool and where I could purchase one, please contact me. Thank you.

Dorothy Stites Alig
Senior Conservator of Textiles
Indianapolis Museum of  Art
317-920-2662, ext 158