From: jhein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jhein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:38 AM
To: texcons@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: muslin for storage

?  to use muslin as a wrap for rolled fabrics
> ? If I bought the finest cotton grade at Joanne's, and washed it
several times ?
? or Oxiclean or a combination (has a stripper in)

? vintage rolled wool felt and silk velvet- too wide and large in
available sizes of acid-free tissue.

My suggestions:
Woolite is better & easy to find

Testfabrics @ aol.com.  Look at website for list.
  desized, unbleached 58" for heavy weight $5.25 yd (nice for wool)
or 55" unbleached cotton sheeting @ 4.35 per yd.

or as cheap as possible from Joanns,
then lightly wash in loose washer with warm Perm. press temp.
hang to dry to avoid extreme wrinkling.... $2.50 for 120" on sale

These are from experience with a state museum with little $
out here in IN.
I tried quite a few combinations...
Jennifer Hein
FIT trained but 11 yrs as IN. Preventive conservator