mannequins - paint type

I am not a subscriber to the TexCon list.  I would appreciate it if it were
possible to post this inquiry with a request to subscribers to respond
"off-list" directly to my e-mail address.  If this is not possible, please
advise.

I have been asked to paint several mannequins in preparation for an upcoming
exhibition.  Various non-flesh colors have been selected for design purposes
and consequently the mannequins' present colors will not do (not to mention
their somewhat scuffed and battered appearance).  Though the garments to be
displayed will be partially shielded from the surface of the mannequin by a
barrier (whether it be a liner of sorts or padding used to create the
appropriate period silhouette), there will most certainly be portions of the
garments that are in direct contact with the surface of the forms - cuffs of
sleeves, hems of skirts, necklines, etc.  And of course the entire garment
would be in close proximity to the paint for an extended period of time.

Is there a particular type of paint that is considered "archival" or
most/least-appropriate for this purpose?  Acrylic?, Latex?, etc.  I have
reviewed the archives of TexCons and ConsDist groups for an answer to this
question and found little to go on.

Ken Myers
Director of Operations & Capital Projects
Valentine Richmond History Center
1015 East Clay Street
Richmond, VA  23219
kenmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx