Information on fabrics and threads

I am currently constructing a database survey form for a study of flat textile
artifacts given heat-sealed adhesive treatments.  As part of this form, I have
included tables of fabrics used as supports and mount covers, and threads used
for supplementary stitching such as couching and stitching the artifact to the
mount.  I would like to enter as many fabrics and threads that might
*frequently* be encountered on treatment reports for textile treatments
(stitching as well as adhesive support treatments).  I would be interested in
any additions that I could make to my list.

The information I am interested in is the following:

Fabrics
Name of the fabric (as referred to in the treatment report)
Fibre type
Basic weave (plain, satin, twill, net, etc)
Fabric name (crepeline, muslin, broadcloth, etc.)

For example:
silk crepeline, silk, plain, crepeline
Stabiltex, polyester, plain, crepeline
unbleached muslin, cotton, plain, muslin

Threads
Thread name (as referred to in treatment report)
Fibre type
Brand

For example:
pulled Tetex yarns, polyester, not applicable
"Silk finish" mercerized cotton, cotton, Mettler

I am interested only in materials that are used frequently.  The form is set
up such that new entries can be added as necessary.

Thank you very much for your help.

Irene Karsten

Doctoral Student in Textile Conservation
Department of Human Ecology
3-02 Human Ecology Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta