Re: Moth balls

here's a seat of the pants answer:

Empty the fridge, take it outside, wash it out with a strong soap, and let it air for a few days in the sunlight, heat and wind. I don't know the best solvent to use (soap, mineral spirits, alcohol, etc.) so I would just recommend a good household cleaning detergent mixed strong and applied with rubber gloves. I think the trick is to "evaporate" the remaining chemicals, and if you can get enough warm air through it, it might work. The soap may help a little, but the smell is probably in the plastic, and has to evaporate into the air.

good luck