Re: paper punch sampler

At 04:01 PM 4/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
My wife and I recently uncovered a sampler with the phrase "we mourn our
loss" and a willow tree. Where can we find more information on this item?

Thank you for your assistance.

Ric Evans
Lyman Maine

Hi Ric,

Thank you for your message and inquiry. Your sampler sounds wonderful. All I can tell you is that this was definitely a mourning piece as the willow tree is a common symbol for death and mourning. Unfortunately, I don't have any other information to share with you. You might want to contact a local museum and see if they can give you addition information or a source.

Best of luck,

Donna Barr dbarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------------- A Victorian Elegance http://www.victorianelegance.com * * UPDATED April 15, 2001 * *

Vintage Wedding
http://www.vintagewedding.com