Re: Preventing dry hands

I use "George's Special Dry Skin Cream"  developed by an Alberta
Pharmacist for problem skin (which often occurs in Alberta due to the dry
climate)  I wouldn't use it while working on textiles but is great for
after work!

Manufactured by International Laboratories (Canada) Ltd. for distribution
by George's Cream Inc. Calgary T3A 2N1.  Or check out their web site
www.georgescream.com

I have also used "Gloves in a Bottle" which is a skin protectant lotion.
I'm not sure if any residue comes off on textiles or not, it claims to
protect skin against irritants, toxins, odours, dirt, grease, chemicals,
solvents, detergents, acids, etc,.  It is available in Canada through the
mail order service of Lee Valley Tools.  I would be interested to know if
anyone has any further information on this type of product with textile
use.

Gail Niinimaa, Textile Conservator, Calgary, Alberta