Ultrasonic spot cleaning on textiles.

I presently doing my final year in textile conservation at University of Canberra, Australia. As part of this year I have to complete a research project on a topic of my choice. I have choosen to study the effects of ultrasonic spot cleaning on wool. Looking at such areas as:

Is it damaging to the fibre?
What happens to the wool scales after treatment?
Is it worthwhile using?
Solvents vs Aqueous assistance.

I have read all avaliable literature and have found nothing in my area. So I would be really interesting in any private findings or any help suggestions that people might have concerning this topic.

Thanks.
Karina