textile storage

I am taking part in the project concerning  storage of important collection
of textiles (tapestries, silks) of huge dimensions. I would like to ask
about your opinion on rolling them - are there any precautions against it?
We plan to roll them up on tubes (until now they were rolled without any
support). We also want to introduce a support which will be rolled together
with textile to support it when unrolled. Simple cotton will do or there is
something more sophisticated -Tyvek for instance?

Thank you for help

Pawel Karaszkiewicz
Academy of Fine Arts
Conservation Dept.