Re: Source for Gore-tex

In a message dated 12/11/00 4:46:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stillwaterstudio@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> stillwaterstudio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Deborah,

Did you see the new polypropylene non-woven laminate we have? It is called
DuraVent. I had some in Asheville, did you get a sample? It is waterproof yet
air/gas permeable by means of a polypropylene membrane in between two layers
of polypropylene needlepunch non-woven, all ultasonically sealed, no
adhesives.

I don't know what you mean by humidification treatments, can you elaborate?
I'm not sure if it was you need for your application.

It is used in outdoor furniture covers, marine and other recreational vehicle
covers etc.

There is blurb in the AIC Newsletter from June on the webpage.

If you think it is of interest and want a sample, let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Tom Klaas
Testfabrics, Inc.
testfabric@xxxxxxx